Power Input panels provide a safe, convenient and economical way to connect temporary emergency power from portable generators to a building, in conjunction with a transfer switch.
Power Input Panels are generally permanently mounted to the outside of a building. It has to be located so that the associated portable generator is not near any HVAC air intakes for the facility that might draw in the generator exhaust fumes. The portable generator is connected to the Power Input Panel using 4/0 feeder cable with Cam-type Series 16 connectors. The Power Input Panel is permanently connected to a transfer switch (not supplied by Lex) that is used to switch the building electrical supply from domestic power to the portable generator. A transfer switch must be used to switch the building power between the domestic power supply and the generator for safety and to meet NEC requirements.
Power Input Panels can be found on the outside of office buildings, medical buildings, pumping stations, and telecommunications facilities, to name a few.
Features & Benefits
- Cables with Series 16 Cam-type connectors can connect directly to the inputs, saving crucial time in emergency situations
- Cables drape downward for lowest profile against wall
- Tamper proof design limits access to connected cables
- Weatherproof construction for installation on building exterior, ensures long life
- Dead front panel covers all exposed electrical parts for added safety
- Padlock hasp prevents unauthorized entry
- Individual cable holes restrict access reducing theft
(5) 16 Series Cam-Type male device
- Connection to Building Wiring:
(5) Lug terminals: #2 AWG to 600MCM
- Overcurrent Protection:
- Enclosure Material:
- Environmental Rating:
NEMA Type 3R Rainproof
- Overall Dimensions
30-1/2" H x 21" W x 10-1/2" D
UL Listed - Approved for use in the U.S.
400A, 3Ø, 120/208VAC, 4 Pole 5 Wire
Requests for custom configurations, labeling and connectors are welcome. Please call (888) 995-0710 to discuss your needs.
Lex Products warranties the products it manufactures to be free from defects of material or workmanship for a period of one year from date of shipment. Those products and/or components not manufactured by Lex Products, shall be subject only to the warranty extended by the original manufacturer. Lex Products' warranty is restricted to the repair or replacement, at Lex Products option, of any part which proves to be defective and for which claim was made in writing prior to the expiration date of the warranty. This warranty does not apply to any defect arising from accident, misuse, unauthorized repair or negligent use. This warranty does not apply to normal wear and tear.